VETERINARY SERVICES | SURGERY
Your Pet's Surgery:
The Cascade Summit Way!
When your pet needs surgery, we provide the highest quality surgical care, recovery and pain management for your pet and treat your pet as if they were our own pets. Our highly-trained veterinarians perform a wide-range of surgical procedures, including:
- Emergency surgery (laceration repair, wound repair, foreign object removal)
- Soft tissue/general surgery(i.e., growth removal)
- Dental extractions
We include several services during your pet's surgery, including spay/neuter procedure, that are not offered at many hospitals, such as:
- Intravenous fluids throughout the procedure to maintain adequate hydration and blood pressure, followed by one-hour post-operative fluid therapy
- blood work prior to the procedure to check for organ dysfunction that might preclude anesthesia
- Induction of anesthesia with Valium and Propofol, a safer anesthetic drug, providing improved recovery
- Constant monitoring of your pet's blood pressure, oxygen level, heart rate, temperature, and breathing
- A Baer Hugger heating blanket filled with warm air to maintain optimum body temperature
- Two staff members at your pet's side at all times (including the doctor)
- Extraction of retained baby teeth that may complicate proper eruption of adult teeth
- Heated kennels for recovery, in full view of staff members who watch continuously as your pet wakes
- Analgesic (pain-relieving) medications, before and after, for optimum pain control
This is in addition to the standards expected of any hospital, including a complete physical exam prior to anesthesia, and a clotting time blood test to make sure any bleeding during surgery is minimal.
Any anesthetic procedure includes some risk, but with the extra level of care we provide, those risks are minimized as much as current veterinary knowledge will allow. Remember, this is a once-in-a-lifetime procedure in a young animal's life, so you want his or her experience to be as good as possible. We want your pet to go home with more than just clean teeth, but with a body and mind just as vibrant and healthy as when they arrived that morning. We go the extra mile for you!
See our Feline Surgery and Spay photo books for an overview of the procedures from start to finish.