Implementation of Coronavirus Safety Measures
We are committed to keeping our office healthy and safe for all of our patients, clients, staff, and family members. In light of growing concerns about the spread of COVID-19, also known as coronavirus, we would like to make you aware of actions we are taking. We are continuously monitoring the local and global situation with the Center for Disease Control and the American Veterinary Medical Association. We are trying to eliminate close contact and maintain social distancing as much as possible. Steps We are Taking in our Office:
• Placing hand sanitizer around the office for use by both clients and staff.
• We are routinely disinfecting commonly touched surfaces such as: counters, desks, chairs, and door handles multiple times per day, including after each exam.
• We are in constant communication with our staff about best hygiene practices in order to provide a safe and clean environment. This includes washing hands for 20 seconds after contact with people, pets, and tools/phones/etc.
• Offering curbside service for check-ins and medication pick-up.
• We now have a new telemedicine service available for consultations with our veterinarians.
• Encouraging the use of our online store for medication refills.
• We have a supply of new pens available for clients to use and then take home with them.
• Staff have access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as gloves, face masks, and gowns to use if they would like additional safety measures.
Ways to Minimize Exposure with Electronic Communications:
• New clients and new patients will be sent a text message with a link to complete appropriate paperwork. Requesting copies of paperwork and a picture is sent back to us so that we can be prepared by the scheduled appointment time.
• We prepare surgery charts for the next day, and will text clients the dental or anesthesia consent to complete ahead of time. In addition, we will email a copy of the estimate so that clients can reply back accepting the treatment plan. This minimizes the contact and amount of time that clients need to be at the hospital for check in.
• Our appointment technicians will text clients in the morning with a link to our admit form. Pet owners can complete the pet’s history and any concerns they have prior to their appointment. This will allow the technician to be prepared for the appointment and prepare an estimate for the visit. The estimate will be sent via email for approval.
• Payments can be done with ApplePay or Android/Google payments at our credit card terminals. Payments can also be submitted through our website. It is mobile friendly, and if you scroll to the bottom of the page, you’ll find a link to submit a payment.
What we are asking from our clients:
• Follow CDC guidelines including self-quarantine when necessary.
• Clients with symptoms need to call us to discuss ways we can help them get care for their pet.
• Use sanitizer immediately upon entering the clinic.
• Maintain social distancing, with a 6′ distance from other people.
• If someone in the family has tested positive for COVID-19, and has visited the hospital within 72 hours, please alert our hospital.
Call or Text 503-655-1722 when you arrive! A staff member will come out to receive your pet.
• No more than 2 people can be in the lobby at one time. Please wait outside until someone leaves.
• Maintain 6′ of space for social distancing
• New client forms and history forms will be texted prior to your scheduled appointment. Please complete and send back to us.
• Be available by phone (calls or texts) during your pet’s exam.
• Invoice totals will be texted with a link to pay for the visit.
• Use ApplePay or Google/Samsung mobile payments if possible when paying in the building.